Head Office, Walthamstow, London E17
Fixed Term Contract (Approx. 12 months).
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
Key Purpose of Role:
Supporting the Payroll Department to ensure a first class payroll service delivered to the business. Working as part of a team to ensure the Company payroll tasks are processed with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail while managed with the upmost confidentially, and in line with Company policy and compliance requirements, in conjunction with the monthly pay run schedule. Ensuring for assigned stores that all pre-employment checks have been completed in line with Company policy, to include; the Right to Work in the UK documentation verification checks, administering and checking all New Starter Forms and supporting documentation. Providing direct support to Company employees, expediting the resolution to payroll queries and delivering this assistance with a high level of professionalism.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Confirming new hire paperwork and Right to Work documentation is in line with Company policy and UK legislation prior to completing the data entry to add the new starter to the payroll.
• Promptly following up on any new hire paperwork or time sheet entry queries with Store Managers to ensure no delay to the application being processed.
• Address any RTW concerns with the Payroll Manager and/or HR Manager.
• Ensuring each New Starter Form has details of the ´Telephone Reference´ completed.
• Flagging any unsuitable telephone reference to the Area Manager.
• Locating the previous employee file for a New Starter Form reflecting the applicant was employed before with the business.
• Ensuring the New Starter Form has reference details to enable HR to complete reference checking.
• Creating a personnel file for each new employee.
• Processing various employee payroll changes, such as but not limited to; statutory sick pay, maternity and paternity pay, tax code changes, minimum wage, bonus payments, adhoc payments, advance payment calculation/removal, reductions, increases, full time to part time status and vice versa, company car allowances and health care PPP.
• Administrating Company ´leavers´, calculating correct final payments and issuing P45s.
• Informing the relevant department or line manager if a leaver has a float, company car, private health care to ensure action taken.
• Processing monthly E-payslips.
•First point of call for all payroll or epayslip queries.
•When necessary liaise with field management and department managers.
•Ensuring payroll details given to known parties only, any unknown persons requesting details must email requests to ensure all payroll details are kept confidential and secure.
•Confirming a weekly timesheet received for each cost centre and ensuring appropriate line management approval prior to confirming.
•Monitoring all time sheets to ensure new employees appearing and employees marked as leavers have the corresponding documentation to validate the payroll action.
•When approved issuing advances ensuring cheque address or bank account details accurate.
•Deliver a high level service to the organisation and when dealing with third parties.
• Assisting the Payroll Manager in completing a number of annual processes such as Payroll Year End, generating P60s, minimum wage increases, annual leave holiday entitlement computation, auditing of annual leave to determine if any overtaken and following up accordingly.
•Completing monthly payroll department filing.
•Appropriate use of Payrite Payroll System.
•Completing payroll data input checks to ensure accurate colleague input.
•Processing payroll tasks with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ensuring all aspects from the Company payroll are processed correctly, efficiently and completed based on the monthly pay run schedule.
•Manage all payroll and employee related information with the upmost confidentiality and security.
• General administrative tasks in line with the needs of the Payroll Department.
•Update personnel files to ensure the accurate filing of employee documentation.
• Supporting the Payroll Manager with additional payroll duties as and when required.
Commitment to Equality:
Adhere to the Company’s commitment to equality both in its services and as an employer.
Work with a degree of flexibility required to perform duties in addition to Job Description in order to meet the needs of the business.
Please send CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1 September 2016