Key Purpose of Role:
Working as part of a team to ensure the Company payroll is processed correctly, efficiently and completed to the monthly pay run schedule. Carry out all payroll activity with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail whilst adhering to full confidentially pertaining to such detail. Provide an excellent level of support directly to employees and managers with regards to payroll queries, resolving in a professional, effective and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Confirming Right to Work documentation is in line with Company policy prior to completing the data entry to process new employees.
• Processing various employee payroll changes, such as but not limited to; statutory sick pay, maternity and paternity pay, shared parental leave pay, tax code changes and bonus payments.
• Administrating leavers and issuing P45s.
• Aiding in the completion of statutory forms and processing court orders/loans.
• Supporting the Payroll Manager with pension auto enrolment and pension schemes management.
• General administrative tasks in line with the needs of the Payroll Department.
• Manage all payroll and employee related information with the upmost confidentiality and security.
• Supporting the Payroll Manager with additional payroll duties as and when required.
• Accurate data entry skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Experience of working with Payroll software/systems.
• Ability to abide to our strict confidentiality policy pertaining to payroll and employee data.
• Experience in a similar role preferably within a fast paced retail environment.
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Committed to full time employment working 37.5 hours per week.
Commitment to Equality:
Adhere to the Company’s commitment to equality both in its services and as an employer.
Work with a degree of flexibility required to perform duties in addition to Job Description in order to meet the needs of the business.